Monday, November 26, 2012

Sunflower Smiles

Anyone who knows me, knows I love sunflowers! They were all over our wedding, in my house, art subjects, & even on my skin.
They put a smile on my face everytime. Oh & this big, bright love started way before moving to the Sunflower State. Kansas was named the Sunflower State due to all the wild ones roaming the hills & roadways.
Did you know there are over 60 different kinds of sunflowers depending on where you are. The one on this painful canvas I doodled back in 2006 in one of my Czech classes in Prague. Yes, I was inked in a foreign place; No, it wasn't in a back alley while I was drunk.

This is the wild or native sunflower which is mostly seen on the side of the road. It reminds me of the dirt road to my parents. With in it there are 5 letters... can you see them?
The lovelies, I used in the wedding were the gorgeous big red & yellow ones. They were in bouquets, milk cans, our archway, & on our remembrance candle.


If you read the 'Props To The Crafty' you'll see that sunflowers (maybe another word for??) were the base to some of the gifts we received too. LOVE!
I have another sunflower piece I'm working on... but it's a surprise!
What's your favorite flower?

No comments:

Post a Comment