Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Letter Jacket

For those of you unable to attend 'the wedding of the century' you missed out on a pretty great moment.
See after everyone chowed on some down home Gettel pulled pork. My lovely sister, Tess, gave her speech - I cried. She cried & did excellent, really surprised me! Then Paul's best man, best friend, Garrick, gave us a laugh & admitting to a garage accident at Paul's parents place back in the day (which Paul has taken the fall for all these years). After our toast, Paul's parents got up to the mike with a box & began speaking about Paul's past, high school, & the girls that haven't been good enough for him. His mom was quick to tell me "It's okay, I promise the speech is getting better." At that time they began to open the box, meanwhile saying "Then we met Alicia, and believe she is the first girl who deserves this." There it was, the royal blue & white Dundee high school letter jacket. Then the tears began to roll. Paul & I had no clue this was going to happen. Afterwards, I put on the coat & gave my little "well, that's enough of the tears. Now, lets get the party started..."

No comments:

Post a Comment