Monday, September 24, 2012

High Noon Saloon & Brewery - Leavenworth, KS

206 Choctaw St.
Leavenworth, KS 66048











Paul & I's first Brewery as a married couple! 
On Tuesday, September 11th, we were on our way back from KC & decided to detour to Leavenworth for some ole main street shopping. Which they have a cute little shop (unfortunately, the name is escaping me) & some great antique stores. We also enjoyed some ice cream at an old time soda fountain pharmacy. I had banana & Paul had a coffee fudge cone...delicious!
The important stuff came during late lunch: BEERS!
 When Paul & I visit a brewery we try 'em all. We also just happened to show up for happy hour. $1.50 per mini glass!
The results:
Paul

  • Favorite: Oktoberfest
  • Comments: Second favorite would be the Stampede Stout for sure. The food (which he had chicken fried chicken) was amazing! Prices were great too. Highly recommend it.

Alicia

  • Favorite: Oregon Trail Raspberry Wheat - "Tastes like juice"
  • Comments: I also like the Oktoberfest & Stout. Which me liking a stout is a big deal, I'm an amber or light beer gal. Food wise, I had the meat loaf & green beans, fabulous! We also enjoyed some fried pickles for an appetizer. They have the spear kind. Great batter & awesome Ranch dressing (Ranch is my ketchup, I would've drank this one). The environment was nice too. Looked like it could hold a lot of people & would be a good time in the evening.
    • Note: wherever Paul & I go, if there's pickles on the menu, we order them! Huge pickle lovers. If you know a place, suggest it.
Overall, it was a great place with great beer. 3 of the Beers (Amber ale, raspberry wheat, & honey wheat) are sold in cans &/or you're able to purchase any in a growler (a half gallon bottle). If you're in the area definitely stop by after supporting the local main street stores.

~ Cheers! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment